The recipe that follows comes from the original recipe with some amendments.
makes 12 regular sized muffins
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1 cup of vanilla flavoured yoghurt (Still don't have any plain flavoured yoghurt)
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/2 a stick of butter, melted (I like butter much better than vegetable oil)
- 1 3/4 cups of self-raising flour
- 1/2 cup of caster sugar
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Prepare muffin tin/s
- Mash up the bananas
- Add the yoghurt, egg & butter into the mashed bananas until nicely combined
- Sift flour and sugar into the mixture
- Gently fold the dry ingredients into the mix
- Divide the batter amongst the prepared muffin cups
- Chuck them in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the tops spring back when you touch them
Lovely, light, fluffy and moist. Better than the dense, breakfast muffin consistency of attempt #1 and I actually had most of the ingredients on hand. I have begun to notice a trend in everything I bake - the back, right hand areas of the oven seem to burn more quickly than any other place in the oven. I wonder why?
The banana flavour didn't come out so much, but it is probably due to the fact that the bananas used weren't that over-ripened. Or maybe it was the vanilla flavoured yoghurt? The quest will continue though. Maybe I will try the ones Kass baked a couple of days ago?